A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) was signed Between Iran Agricultural Insurance Fund (AIF) and The IORA Regional Centre for Science and Technology Transfer (RCSTT) on "Agricultural Insurance & Risk Management”.
It is worth noting that Iran Agricultural Insurance Fund (AIF) was established with the approval of the Agricultural Insurance Law in 1964 with government direct support as one of the most important instruments of risk management tools in the agricultural sector. Through this cooperation, AIF and RCSTT promote exchange of information, technology and joint activities in the specialized area of "Agricultural Insurance & Risk Management” in IORA region.
Both sides intend to conduct cooperative activities under the MOU on the basis of equality, reciprocity for the benefit of IORA Member States. Cooperative activities undertaken pursuant to this MOU include the followings:
- Transfer or exchange of scientific and technical information in the field of “Agricultural Insurance & Risk Management "
- Joint projects to demonstrate " Agricultural Insurance and Risk Management " approaches and technologies
- Joint organization of symposia, seminars, workshops, and training
- Arranging technical visits to the relevant capabilities in the member states
- Joint scientific publications
- Cooperative research on subjects related to interest of member states, and
- Other forms of cooperation as may be determined by both sides.
They will encourage and facilitate the development of direct contacts between the scientific groups from each country, including through the coordination of cooperation among government agencies, research institutions, business and industry, universities, and other entities, in conducting activities under this MOU.