A Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Institute of Advanced Technologies of the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) and Regional Center for Science and Technology Transfer of The Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA-RCSTT) on May 22, 2021.
The purpose of concluding this Memorandum of Understanding is to mutually galvanize the scientific and technological and managerial capabilities, and infrastructure and networking facilities of both parties to develop and promote the plans and programs at the national and regional levels.
The parties intend to cooperate in the following areas in the region:
- To devise and formulate plans and programs of enhancing international networking;
- To hold national, regional, and international science and technology conferences;
- To offer short-term specialized training internships;
- To promote Khwarizmi International Festival coverage by inviting young and talented researchers to enter to the competition;
- To hold technology markets and exhibitions;
- To facilitate the result of R&D projects’ commercialization;
- To prepare the ground for joint study and research projects;
- To provide consultative services for the research projects.
It was agreed that the Research Institute assist the Center to perform its duties as a specialized center in the field of science and technology transfer and connect the universities and research institutes at the national level to similar organizations and institutes in the IORA region. The Research Institute will provide the Center with hardware and software communication facilities and other infrastructure. The Research Institute will facilitate the cooperation of its faculty members and experts in the regional events as the RCSTT’s expert panels. The Research Institute will attend the meetings of the Advisory Council and, if necessary, other official meetings of the Center as the host of RCSTT.
Reciprocally IORA-RCSTT will inform the Research Institute about all networking interactions, implementation of its events, and research programs. IORA-RCSTT will invite the Research Institute as its partner organization in the RCSTT’s events. IORA-RCSTT will submit a copy of its annual-periodic reports prepared regularly for the Deputy Minister of Research and Technology of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology and the Acting Minister for International Affairs, and the Head of its International Scientific Cooperation. IORA-RCSTT will consult the Research Institute to enhance its cooperation with regional research institutes region-wide.
This Memorandum of Understanding is valid for 5 years from the date of its signing and can be extended if necessary.