The Advisory Council of the Centre is composed of the representatives of Member States and chaired by a president selected by Member States on a yearly basis. The Advisory Council consists of:
- The Ambassadors or chargés d’affaires of Member States in the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- The President of the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) and representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- The Secretary General of the IORA or his representative;
- The Director of the Centre;
- Representatives from any other State(s) of IORA and international organizations who wish to support the Centre may be invited as observers subject to the approval of the Advisory Council.
- The President of the Advisory Council should be selected from the same Member State which nominates the Chair of IORA Council of Ministers (COM)
- The President of the Advisory Council may regularly attend the meetings of IORA Council of Ministers (COM) on the invitation of the host country.
- The selected Member State as the host of COM would host the annual Meeting of IORA RCSTT's Focal Points concurrent with the meeting of COM
- In case, due to any reason, the Ambassador of host of COM could not be selected as the President of Advisory Council, the Council will select the President from among the other Member States.
The Advisory Council shall discuss periodically the activities of the Centre as well as the bi-annual work plan and budget of the Centre and submit the proposals thorough the Director of the centre to the Council of Ministers of the IORA for adoption.