The Director of the Centre is selected as per procedure describes in MOU and appointed by the Secretary General of the IORA. The Director consults the President of the Advisory Council on a day to day routine as necessary. The Director’s functions are as follows:
- Developing the main agenda and short term work plan for the Centre annually as well as long term plans as per needs of Member States;
- Developing a staffing plan including international staff for the Centre and appoint the staff of the Centre according to IORA policies and assume responsibility for their salaries. However, the international staff employment should be approved by the Advisory Council;
- Raising international support for the Centre, including financial support;
- Obtaining the support of the donor countries globally;
- Facilitating and to coordinate science and technology development, transfer and commercialization among Member States in IORA region;
- Providing bi-annual reports based on the Memorandum of Understanding for the establishment of the IORA Regional Centre for Science and Technology Transfer (RCSTT) to the Secretary General of IORA.